Re(2): [GE users] Re: new error messages on large # job submissions

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sun Aug 8 07:38:53 BST 2004

>There is a spool on each client located in
>/opt/gridengine/default/spool/<hostname> and in this dir:
>active_jobs execd.pid jobs jobs_scripts messages

is the /opt/gridengine/default/spool/<hostname> in each client and you are
sharing only the /opt/gridengine/default/common per NFS? I try to understand
your setup (most common is to share the whole /opt/gridengine: SGE will tranmit
the job to the execd on the node, which writes this information via NFS on the
server again in it's spool directory in this shared directory tree. So I
suggested to have a local spool directory to avoid this double traffic).

- Reuti