[GE users] questions about setting up SGE6.0

Dr. Wolf Dieter Brandt Wolfdieter.Brandt at Sun.COM
Mon Aug 9 06:25:09 BST 2004

Hi again!

As I mentioned on friday afternoon there is no reason to build more
than one domain. If you have only single-cpu-jobs of parallel jobs using
less than 24 cpus you can use solaris-features to put this job into
cages like solaris resource manager, processor sets or what you like.

The portal project has been give to the public too and you can find all
information about it at:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/gep/GEP_Intro.html

Have a nice week

Wolf

 Shaila Parashar schrieb:

>Hi
>
>We recently received 2 SUN 6800's with 24 processors each and are
>planning to setup the SGE v6 on it.  We have already setup SGEEE v5.3
>on a cluster of SUN  Blade machines. But I just wanted advice as to
>what would be the best way to configure the 6800's so as to utilize
>the computing power efficiently. We are planning to setup domains on
>the servers. So, should we consider these domains as separate hosts
>and then create cluster queues on them.
>I just needed ideas from people who have already set such systems up.
>Any idea/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.  Or links to any
>related documentation would be appreciated.
>
>Also , we are in the process of writing our own portal to the system.
>The programmers would like to know what language they should use to
>create the hooks to the Grid Engine.
>
>Thanks in advance .
>
>Shaila
>

>--
>Shaila Parashar                 e-mail:shaila at engr.colostate.edu
>UNIX System Administrator       tel:- (970)-491-6555
>Engineering Network Services
>Colorado State University
>Fort Collins, CO 80523-1301

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]