Re(2): [GE users] Restart job on suspend

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Aug 10 08:48:14 BST 2004

>in fact, batch jobs are running during the night and at 8:00 AM queues
>are suspended
>I just want sge to restart the jobs that were still running at this time
>to have them to complete next night

Then you don't have to do anything. When the calendar "unsuspend" the queues in
the evening (not bug #1111), the jobs should continue to work. A "restart" in
SGE sense is to start from the beginning of the job. When you do this in your
setup, you will lose computing time, because the jobs could just continue in
the evening, instead of starting from the beginning.

Reuti