[GE users] User Cert Problem

Manuel Sánchez Cuenca msc1 at alu.um.es
Tue Aug 10 15:47:35 BST 2004

Hello all, I have installed SGE 5.3 successfully, but I have problems to
create a new user certificate. I have written in the "myusers" file the
following:

    generico:Usuario de Globus para SGE:

and then execute the command: sge_ca -usercert myusers, but get the
following error:

Generating certificate and key for 'generico' ('Usuario de Globus para
SGE','').

Creating 'Usuario de Globus para SGE' certificate and key
Creating RANDFILE in
 >/var/sgeCA/port536/default/userkeys/generico/rand.seed<
unable to write 'random state'
error on line 10 of /tmp/sge_ca11135.tmp
1174:error:0E065068:configuration file routines:STR_COPY:variable has no
value:conf_def.c:629:line 10

Command failed: /opt/SGE/sungridengine/utilbin/glinux/openssl req -md5
-nodes -config /tmp/sge_ca11135.tmp -new -keyout
/var/sgeCA/port536/default/userkeys/generico/key.pem -out
/var/sgeCA/port536/default/userkeys/generico/req.pem

Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
Check root read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.