[GE users] User Cert Problem

Manuel Sánchez Cuenca msc1 at alu.um.es
Wed Aug 11 08:33:09 BST 2004

Andre Alefeld wrote:

> Manuel,
>
> you have to execute the script as superuser on the master host and
> source $SGE_ROOT/default/common/settings.csh.

I have executed the script settings.sh, as root, and in the master host,
but the problem still appears. Have you got another idea?

> Andre
>
> Manuel Sánchez Cuenca wrote:
>
>> Hello all, I have installed SGE 5.3 successfully, but I have problems
>> to create a new user certificate. I have written in the "myusers"
>> file the following:
>>
>>    generico:Usuario de Globus para SGE:
>>
>> and then execute the command: sge_ca -usercert myusers, but get the
>> following error:

>> Generating certificate and key for 'generico' ('Usuario de Globus
>> para SGE','').
>>
>> Creating 'Usuario de Globus para SGE' certificate and key
>> Creating RANDFILE in
>>  >/var/sgeCA/port536/default/userkeys/generico/rand.seed<
>> unable to write 'random state'
>> error on line 10 of /tmp/sge_ca11135.tmp
>> 1174:error:0E065068:configuration file routines:STR_COPY:variable has
>> no value:conf_def.c:629:line 10
>>
>> Command failed: /opt/SGE/sungridengine/utilbin/glinux/openssl req
>> -md5 -nodes -config /tmp/sge_ca11135.tmp -new -keyout
>> /var/sgeCA/port536/default/userkeys/generico/key.pem -out
>> /var/sgeCA/port536/default/userkeys/generico/req.pem
>>
>> Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
>> Check root read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.
>>
>> Can anybody help me?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Manuel Sanchez Cuenca
Dept. Ingenieria de la Informacion y las Comunicaciones
Universidad de Murcia - Espana
Tlf: +34 968364311 - Fax: 968364151
email: manuel.sanchez at ditec.um.es
www: http://skywalker.dif.um.es/~lolo