[GE users] Comparison of MPI Job Runtimes with and without SGE

Waseem Ahmad Waseem.Ahmad.1 at Sun.COM
Wed Aug 11 22:51:07 BST 2004

For a job that takes aroun 100 seconds on a single processor, the
difference varies from 2 seconds to 14 second while tightly integrated
version consistently outperform plain mpi job.
I have yet to experiment with setting the job priorities in SGE but
since the cluster is idle before the job is submitted, it should not
account for as big a difference as 2-14 seconds. what do you say?

-waseem