[GE users] jobs never die on nodes with mpich

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Aug 12 14:09:28 BST 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Reuti wrote:

> All is working fine, as long as the started process by qrsh on the
> slave is just one command/program only. ... (I red the hint on the
> list, that the created bash has a new process group).

Does SGE run as a user or as root ?
When running as root, SGE should use the additional group feature to
identify processes started by itself and this cannot be circumvented
by a user program as only root can set such additional groups.

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868