Re(2): [GE users] Cold restart of sgemaster

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Aug 13 04:14:05 BST 2004

>Thanks Charu for your reply. In my setup "scheduling info" is turned off.
>I would like to enable this so I can see why a particular job is in
>pending state. I thought it was related to "schedd_job_info" being false
>in my schedd_configuration file. I changed this to true but still the
>scheduling info is turned off. I thought that this may need a restart of
>sgeexecd.

the scheduling info should show up a few seconds after changing the scheduler
configuration with `qstat -j <jobid/"*">`.

>What happens if you restart the sgeexecd on qmaster, do you loose all the
>running jobs ?

The jobs should survive, when you stop and start the SGE server tasks with
`./sgemaster stop` and `./sgemaster` in $SGE_ROOT/default/common. Our jobs also
survived an accidental reboot of the master node, which is also the NFS file
server for our cluster.

Cheers - Reuti