[GE users] jobs never die on nodes with mpich

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Aug 14 23:08:33 BST 2004

>> SGE on Linux does not have by default
>> enabled the code that sends the signal to the group of processes,
>
>Should we enable that code by default, and special case nfsd?? Looks like
>this problem is encountered by many people...

Wouldn't it only affect the master node at all (userspace and/or kernel NFS)?
So don't define a parallel queue on this node would be the restriction.

Anyway, I'll write a HowTo to handle these MPICH cases. Maybe we can put it on
the HowTo page for "Using SGE with MPICH", where at this time only a reference
to the included README is located. Maybe this will avoid having it too often on
the list.

Cheers - Reuti