[GE users] Requiring remote_fs startup in sgeexecd

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Mon Aug 16 20:06:15 BST 2004

	Just a double check - but on SUSE 9.1 I needed to edit /etc/init.d/sgeexecd
to contain the line:

# Required-Start: $network $remote_fs

	where the SGE6 distribution was missing the $remote_fs.  I've found it needs
this because all our mounts are over NFS.  I'm just mentioning this because I
remember hearing a new release is imminent.

	Also, the business with having to manually make links in $SGE_ROOT for
lx26-x86 in order to handle the 2.6 kernel with the install program has
hopefully been addressed.

	Thanks!

	J.C.

Houdini/Renderman/Discreet                           425 Adelaide St W
416-504-0425                                         Toronto, ON Canada
Reisner's Rule of Conceptual Inertia:
	If you think big enough, you'll never have to do it.