Re(2): [GE users] slot taken no job running

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Aug 16 22:41:11 BST 2004

>The queue in question is d.norm and the host kane.
>
>I think the relevant item is this one but all commands are shown below,
>this output
>shows one job running but 2/2 slots taken:

Did you had a look at the messages file of the queue master in
$SGE_ROOT/default/spool/qmaster/messages?

I would suggest to shut down the execd on kane.enqsemi.com, then go to the
spool directory of this node $SGE_ROOT/default/spool/kane.enqsemi.com and look
inside the directories: active_jobs, jobs, job_scripts and remove all what's
ever inside (you can also have a look there before you shut down anything, just
to see, whether there is more than one job mentioned at all, otherwise we have
to look somewhere else). Then restart the execd and we will see, whether it's
gone.

CU - Reuti