AW: [GE users] Requiring remote_fs startup in sgeexecd

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com
Tue Aug 17 08:28:40 BST 2004

> 	Just a double check - but on SUSE 9.1 I needed to edit
/etc/init.d/sgeexecd
> to contain the line:
>
> # Required-Start: $network $remote_fs
>
> 	where the SGE6 distribution was missing the $remote_fs.  I've found
it needs
> this because all our mounts are over NFS.  I'm just mentioning this
because I
> remember hearing a new release is imminent.

I went a bit further and made sure that a few other services are available.
I also added the 'Should-Start' to insure the correct start order.

# Provides:       sgeexecd
# Required-Start: $network $portmap $remote_fs $time
# Required-Stop:
# Should-Start: sgemaster

I've also re-worked the init scripts to support the 'restart' action,
cleanup on execd stopping etc., but I won't disturb the timeline for the
next patch by submitting these changes (or change requests) now.

Cheers,
/mark

Dr. Mark Olesen
Thermofluid Dynamics Analyst