[GE users] Re: AW: [GE dev] Load sensor scripts

Dev dev_hyd2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 11:22:34 BST 2004

HI,

   I have tried the suggestion but I still cant find
my load value when I do qstat -F.

This is what I have done

created a shell script

####!/bin/sh

myhost=`uname -n`

while [ 1 ]; do
     # wait for input
     read input
     result=$?
     if [ $result != 0 ]; then
          exit 1
     fi
     if [ $input = "quit" ]; then
          exit 0
     fi
     #send users logged in
     logins=`who -q | tail -1 | cut -d = -f 2`
     echo begin
     echo "$myhost:ge_load:$logins"
     echo end
done

# we never get here

exit 0

The script is supposed to send the number of logged in
users.

I edited the cluster configuration select global and
do a modify and enter the path of the script in the
load sensor box.

I then goto complex configuration and create a complex
attribute ge_load which is as follows
#name               shortcut        type        relop
requestable consumable default  urgency
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
arch                a               RESTRING    ==
YES         NO         NONE     0
calendar            c               RESTRING    ==
YES         NO         NONE     0
cpu                 cpu             DOUBLE      >=
YES         NO         0        0
ge_load             ge_load         INT         >=
NO          NO         0        0
....rest omitted

Now I try to do qstat -F and my ge_load value doesnt
exist there.

I have also tried doing qconf -se "exec host name" .
This displays the default load values but not my
custom load value.

even if qstat -F does display the load value that will
be only for that particular exec host where we run
qstat -F. But if I want to get the individual values
sent by each sge_execd to qmaster how will I get
that?. Do I need to use GDI or something to access it
directly from the qmaster??

Please correct me if my understanding somewhere has
been wrong.

cheers,

Dev

--- "Olesen, Mark" <Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com>