[GE users] global (WAN) resource tracking?

Stephan Grell stephan.grell at sun.com
Wed Aug 18 07:42:24 BST 2004

Hi Rod,

a possible solution would be the use of a global consumable, which is
implemented as a load value. You can have a counter somewhere
in your WAN. When a job is started, decrease the counter and increase
it, when the job is finished. The change is reported as a load
value to all the different grids. Since the update might take a some
time, a consumable can be used to keep track of recent changes in
the grid.

The setup would not be trivial, but it should be possible.

Does it help?

Stephan