[GE users] None interactive install for a single node

Marco Donauer Marco.Donauer at Sun.COM
Thu Aug 19 08:42:23 BST 2004

Kervin,

you can install single host with cluster configuration install template.
If you have a list of execution hosts, you can easily add a new host to
this list, and
exec the install script on this host locally.
By using the -noremote option, the other hosts won't be touched.

eg:

installed execd hosts: host 1 host2 host3
new host: host4

Add host4 to the configuration file, login into host4 and
execute the install script again with:

inst_sge -x -noremote -auto /path/to/config

The -noremote switch supresses, that the install script installes any
remote host.

Regards,

Marco

kervin at adevsoft.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Because nodes are often rebuilt in our cluster I'd like to be able to reinstall
> a single gridengine exec host without disturbing the others.  From the config
> file template it seems that every node would be reinstalled when that template
> is ran.
>
> Do I have to have a template file for every exec host?
>
> Or is there a way to selectively reinstall or to install a single exec host
> node using just one single install.conf file and inst_execd options?
>
> Thanks,
> Kervin

Marco Donauer            Tel: +49 941 3075-211  (x60211)
Software Engineer        Fax: +49 941 3075-222  (x60222)
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7    mailto:marco.donauer at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg       http://www.sun.com/gridware