[GE users] Using more than one qrsh -inherit parallel on the same host

Thomas Neumann neumann at exasol.com
Fri Aug 20 16:13:26 BST 2004

Bogdan Costescu wrote:

>>qrsh -inherit host1 sleep 60 &
>>qrsh -inherit host1 hostname
>>

>The number of simultaneous 'qrsh -inherit' to the same host is limited
>to the number of slots allocated for the job on that node. So if SGE
>has allocated 2 slots on host1, the above commands should both
>succeed. If SGE allocated only 1 slot on host1, the first command
>should succeed and the second should fail.

Thanks for the anwer. Now I'm looking for a way to influence the number
of slots on each machine. What I need is for example 16 slots on 4
machines. Setting up the parallel environment, it seems that I only have
a possibility to influence the maximum and minimum number of slots. When
submitting the job the pe is named with a range of slots, but I didn't
find a rule how to allocate them. Can somebody tell me how to solve this
or where I have to look for a solution?

Thanks
    Thomas