[GE users] access to load values in custom load script

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Aug 20 16:44:38 BST 2004

>      Will we be able to access the values of the
>default load values like processors np_load_short etc
>in our custom load sensor script.

I tried it only once and it wasn't working to make any `qstat...` command
inside the load sensor. Maybe it would be like a recursive loop.

You may use e.g. `uptime | awk ' { print strtonum($10) } '` and can also divide
this by the number of processors inside. Most likely you will know the number
of CPUs for your cluster machines, and can avoid to look every time in
/proc/cpuinfo to get the value.

CU - Reuti