[GE users] Upper bound for array jobs?

Bernard Li bli at bcgsc.ca
Thu Aug 26 18:05:04 BST 2004

Hi Andy:

Sorry for not being clear, what I wanted to ask was what's the upper
bound that SGE can handle (not whether I can limit it).

Our problem right now is being outlined here:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=20558&lsistName=u
sers

It seems that when there are large amounts of job in the queue, commd
simply gets stuck and the program becomes irresponsive.  There have been
various comments in the mailing-list about commd issues, I wonder if
they are somewhat related?

Previously I was using 5.3p5 but we have already updated to 5.3p6 - the
problem still persists.

Thanks,

Bernard