[GE users] New SGE_CELL in same qmaster

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Aug 26 20:46:10 BST 2004

Greetings,

>We have several team clusters. During SGE install, I created a Cell
>(team1_grid), by default SGE-install script creates
>a "default" SGE_CELL.
>
>Now the question is how do I create a new SGE_CELL in same qmaster for a
>different team cluster.

do you mean with "qmaster" one machine to control more than one cell, or just
one instance of a running "qmaster"? AFAIK for each cell you need a running
qmaster, and can choose between the cells by setting up different cell names
and ports.

It depends of course on what you want to achieve, but maybe it's easier setting
up just one grid and make use of the user lists in SGE to control access to
individual machines and queues.

Cheers - Reuti