[GE users] New SGE_CELL in same qmaster

Gomez, Daniel dgomez at tigr.org
Thu Aug 26 21:24:32 BST 2004

A separate host for the master makes the most sense in praticality, but wouldn't it be possible to simply launch a separate sge_qmaster with exported SGE_CELL, SGE_QMASTER_PORT and SGE_EXECD_PORT. I haven't done this but since I personally have been thinking about ways to setup a non-production environment, this cell strategy to test serious config changes raises an interesting no hardware cost technique. hmmm.