[GE users] prohibiting use of <queue>@<host>

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Aug 30 23:34:41 BST 2004

Greetings,

>So far I've only seen how you can modify cluster queues an
>allow/disallow users to a cluster queue but is there a way to disallow a
>user to submit directly to a queue at a specified host?

if you have just two cluster queues for different architectures, I would
suggest to have only one and select with -l arch=... the platform.

To disallow the access you could then set the REQUESTABLE to NO in the complex
configuration for qname and hostname (otherwise a "-q lx86.q -l
hostname=<host>" would be possible).

If you still need some queues to select, you could add a new complex type like
"queue-type" (forced) and set it to different values for each queue type.

(This will block it for all users of course).

Cheers - Reuti