[GE users] Problems submitting with fixed allocation rule

Thomas Neumann neumann at exasol.com
Tue Aug 31 15:04:07 BST 2004

Shannon V. Davidson wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> If you want to schedule jobs solely based on slots, make sure your
> queue load_thresholds attribute is set to NONE.  To see some of the
> scheduling decision details, check out the -tsm option on the qconf(1)
> man page.
>
> Cheers,
> Shannon

Indeed the probem had to do with the load_threshold - the problem was
that in my configuration the load_adjustment from the scheduler
increased the np_load_avg by 1. The result was that the job was
rejected, because the threshold was not high enough. Setting the load
adjustment to 0 was already enough, i did not need to remove the load
threshold itself.

Thanks for your help,
    Thomas