[GE users] Submitting Jobs Fail With New Users

Evan Klinger eklinger at uci.edu
Tue Aug 31 18:37:19 BST 2004

Good morning all. I was hoping a more experiences Grid Engine user could
help me out with a problem. I have installed and configured Grid Engine
under Mac OS X. I can submit jobs as root and my normal user account
'eklinger' and they run fine. However, when I create a new user using
Open Directory and a shared home directory mount across all nodes, the
jobs always end up causing an error. The main qmaster log shows:

08/31/2004 10:32:57|qmaster|xserve|W|job 13.1 failed on host
xserve2.xxx.uci.edu general opening input/output file because: can't
read usage file for job 13.1
08/31/2004 10:32:57|qmaster|xserve|W|rescheduling job 13.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Evan Klinger
University of California, Irvine