[GE users] np_load_avg and thresholds

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Aug 31 22:10:53 BST 2004

Hi Don,

>So after digging some more I can see the processor counts with qconf -se
>but I can't edit it with -me.
>Anyone know of a way to set this down on the actual host to the real
>processor count of 2 and not via
>the queue level where two different queues can feed it 2 jobs for a
>total of 4.

the number of cpus is resolved with sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_ONLN), so this
can't be changed easily (or you change it inside the SGE source).

>From a user point of view: depending on the intended result, you could use the
load_scaling in the setup of the execution host and multiply it by 2:

load_scaling               load_avg=2,np_load_avg=2

This is of course the other way round, instead of down-sizing the real HT-CPU
count.

Cheers - Reuti