[GE users] Two networks cards in qmaster with SGE 6.0 problem

christian reissmann christian.reissmann at sun.com
Thu Jul 1 08:49:25 BST 2004

Reuti wrote:
>  > Can you please try to make a telnet to the qmaster:
>

>> >telnet [YOUR UP AND RUNNING QMASTER HOSTNAME] [YOUR QMASTER PORT]
>

> Telnet is alaways giving the "Connection closed by foreign host."

After a timeout of 60 seconds, I guess! That's fine this means the port
of qmaster is bound and reachable. Qmaster is waiting for a Connect
Message (CM) from telnet application. If he doesn't get this message,
the connection is closed by qmaster after a timeout.

> When I try a qping to either of the external or internal TCP/IP address
> on the qmaster itself with debug output:
>
> error: cl_com_tcp_connection_complete_request()
> [cl_tcp_framework.c/1446] qmaster_read        => hostname resolve error
> error: cl_com_tcp_connection_complete_request()
> [cl_tcp_framework.c/1478] qmaster_read        => hostname resolve error
> error: cl_com_tcp_connection_complete_request()
> [cl_tcp_framework.c/1617] qmaster_read        => hostname resolving error
> cl_com_tcp_connection_complete_request() [cl_tcp_framework.c/1809]
> qmaster_read        => access to client denied
>

> Reuti

Can you please set SGE_COMMLIB_DEBUG to "4" (DEBUG) and restart the
qmaster.
You have to grep for the following output "original compare host". This
is an debug output of the
function cl_com_compare_hosts():

CL_LOG_STR(CL_LOG_DEBUG,"original compare host 1:", host1);
CL_LOG_STR(CL_LOG_DEBUG,"original compare host 2:", host2);

e.g.:

sge_qmaster | grep "original compare host"

Any qmaster client should resolve his name in the same way like qmaster
does. The two host names
compared with cl_com_compare_hosts() should be equal.

Best Regards,

Christian

Christian Reissmann    Tel: +49 (0)941 3075 112  mailto:crei at sun.com
Software Engineer      Fax: +49 (0)941 3075 222
http://www.sun.com/gridengine
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7,
D-93049 Regensburg,    Tel: +49 (0)941 3075 0