[GE users] qrsh and tty allocation

Wilfried Gaensheimer wilfried at gaensheimer.de
Thu Jul 1 12:58:48 BST 2004

Hi,

maybe someone has a clever idea with the following issue
using gridengine and interactive tools with a GUI:

How could I achieve that a tty gets allocated when I start a job like
    $ qrsh -V vsim
Reason is, that modelsim (vsim) should start a GUI, but does not
if started like listed above. It comes up in command line mode.

When I do a "qrsh" and start vsim manually there, everything is fine.
The main difference seems to be, that a tty gets allocated only in
case no command is submitted.

Other applications seem not to have this behaviour (like mozilla ...).

Bye, thanks
Wilfried

--
# wilfried at gaensheimer.de #