[GE users] qstat -g c not normalized load average

Ernst Bablick ernst.bablick at web.de
Fri Jul 2 10:43:53 BST 2004

Hi Reuti,

this is a bug. Please file an Issue in Issuezilla (subcomponent "kernel").

Ernst

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004, Reuti wrote:
> Hi Users,
>
> while playing around with SGE 6.0, the `qstat -g c` gave me the output:
>
> CLUSTER QUEUE                     LOAD   USED  AVAIL  TOTAL aoACDS  cdsuE
> parallel                          1.95      4      0      4      0      0
> vast                              1.95      0      2      2      0      0
>
> for just two nodes with each having 2 CPUs. According to the man page of qstat
> it should be normalized. So 100% load should only show 1.00 - or miss I
> something here? Especially when you have a mix of one or two (or more) CPUs it
> would be more useful having this, otherwise a load of e.g. 1.67 may be 100% in
> total.
>
> Reuti

Ernst Bablick                                         tel: +49 (0)9941 6518
Buchenweg 7
D-93479 Grafenwiesen                               mailto:ernst.bablick at web.de
Germany                                              http://www.bablick.de