[GE users] qrsh and tty allocation

Kirk Patton kpatton at transmeta.com
Fri Jul 2 15:31:03 BST 2004

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 08:25:28AM +0200, Wilfried Gaensheimer wrote:
> While we are at it, did someone consider modifying qsh to start other
> X-apps then a xterm? S.th. like
> "qsh -display -cmd gvim  foo " could start a gvim on a suitable queue
> and return immediately.
> Because if I use "qrsh -V gvim" it works, but leaves a blocked shell
> around.
>
> Bye, thanks
> Wilfried

I have integrated support for running an interactive job from a xterm in the
bwrap script I use from job submissions.  The script is available from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/grid-tools/ as well as the SGE file exchange.
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ProjectDownloadList?action=download&dlID=87

It would be nice to see seamless support for interactive jobs in qrsh, but this is
usable as a work around.

Kirk

Kirk Patton
Unix Administrator