[GE users] not allowed to submit jobs

Michael Fairchild fairchild at corona.physics.ucla.edu
Sat Jul 3 08:19:00 BST 2004

Hello,
   We once had gridengine installed and working well.  However, I have
recently done an "upgrade" reinstall and can't get grid engine working
again.  I thought i had it sucessfully installed, but whenever, I or
root, or anybody tries to submit a job it returns an error:
Job rejected myusernmae at harbinge not allowed to submit jobs.

my host, harbinge is listed as a submit host, and I get the error
weather or not I am root, or any other user.  I am using the default
instalation, with SGE_ROOT=/opt/sge/.
Anybody have anyideas?
Thanks,
Michael Fairchild