[GE users] installing exec host hangs at start of sge_commd

Don Shesnicky dshesnicky at enqsemi.com
Tue Jul 6 13:40:49 BST 2004

I did that after the hang to see which of the three processes (execd,
commd and install script) was the one causing the problem but all three
were in a wait state. At one point I tried to trace the startup of the
execd daemon and that gave info that I could have examined but
installing
the execd on the qmaster seemed to jump me past that problem and I never
went back to it. I could try putting an strace on the script execution
and use the -f to follow forks.

Bottom line - is it preferable to install with a SGE admin type of
install
or an install as root?

Don