[GE users] install_execd: no SGE_QMASTER_PORT or "sge_qmaster"

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Jul 7 21:44:16 BST 2004

The entries need to be in /etc/services on all machines unless you are
getting that info propagated via NIS or NIS+ etc.

If all else fails set an environment variable SGE_QMASTER_PORT=536
before running the sge_execd installation process.

-Chris

Jmail wrote:

> I am trying to install SGE6.0. install_qmaster installed fine on master computer
> and install_execd installed fine on same machine.
>
> install_execd does not work on other machines. The hostnames of the machines I'm
> running install_execd on show up when I run qconf -sh.
> ex:
> qconf -sh
> host124
> host125
> host120 (master)
>
> The problem arrives at the "Checking hostname resolving" page:
> ===========================
> Checking hostname resolving
> ---------------------------
>
> Cannot contact qmaster. The command failed:
>
>    ./bin/sol-sparc64/qconf -sh
>
> The error message was:
>
>    error: could not get environment variable SGE_QMASTER_PORT or service
> "sge_qmaster"
>
> You can fix the problem now or abort the installation procedure.
>
> Contact qmaster again (y/n) ('n' will abort) [y] >>
> ===========================
>
> I followed the manual's installation instruction, including putting sge_qmaster
> on port 536 and sge_execd on port 537 in /etc/services of the master computer.
> What can I do to fix it?
>
> I'm running Solaris 8.
>
> Thanks,
> Sam

Chris Dagdigian, <dag at sonsorol.org>
BioTeam  - Independent life science IT & informatics consulting
Office: 617-665-6088, Mobile: 617-877-5498, Fax: 425-699-0193
PGP KeyID: 83D4310E iChat/AIM: bioteamdag  Web: http://bioteam.net