[GE users] GE6 on Fedora 2 and Rehat 7.2

Francesco Siano fsiano at thphy.uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Jul 8 09:10:03 BST 2004

Hi all. I would like to install Grid Engine 6 on our cluster; before
starting I would like to know if it is possible at all.
The cluster is 27 nodes (micro,...,micro26), each with 2  Intel XEON 2GHz
processors, running Red Hat 7.2.
In addition, we have 11 Intel PC (pico3,...,pico13) running Fedora Core 2
that I'd like to add to the cluster to be used overnight, on weekends etc.
There is a directory /software on the master node of the cluster (micro),
which is dinamically mounted and it is accessible to all nodes and PCs.
Can GE manage two different kernels like 2.4 and 2.6 ?
What's the best way to setup the installation ?
I'd appreciate any help. I'm not a professional, so my apology for any
stupidity.
-Francesco