[GE users] corrupted users and projects files

Bernd Dammann bd at imm.dtu.dk
Thu Jul 8 10:44:59 BST 2004

Our master host crashed last night and the qmaster doesn't start after
the reboot.  It stops with

    Project "CPU-1101-14".
error: Spoolfile for project "CPU-1101-14" containes invalid name

and a quick check in qmaster/projects shows, that almost all project files
have a name field that doesn't correspond to the file name.  The same
was true for two files in qmaster/users, but I simply removed those two
files.  Now I am a little worried to do this with the projects files.
What happens if the files are not there?  Will they be reconstructed at
startup, or is this information lost?

Best regards,
Bernd

--
# Bernd Dammann          <bd at imm.dtu.dk> | "Why stop now,
# Informatics and Mathematical Modelling |      just when I am hating it?"