[GE users] SGE 6.0 qmon segmentation fault

ce107 at MIT.EDU ce107 at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 8 20:28:26 BST 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Don Shesnicky wrote:

> SGE 6.0 on Redhat 7.2 / 2.4.7-10smp Supermicro dual Xeons, seg faults
> from
> qmon as soon as I click on any button. Known problem?

We discussed it a few days ago under a rather misleading title. You're
probably using Lesstif instead of OpenMotif. I'd suggest you get the
OpenMotif libraries, install them somewhere and alias qmon to load
libXm.so from there.

For example for me
lemnos:/users/ce107% alias qmon
env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/OpenMotif2.1.30/lib:/share/gridware/sge/lib/lx24-x86 qmon

Mind you that you need to include the SGE library path in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH override for things to work fine. Or you can globally
redefine LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then face problems with Lesstif applications.

Dr. Constantinos Evangelinos
Department of Ocean Engineering
MIT