[GE users] SGE 6.0 and LAM 7.0.6 tight integration with qrsh

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Sat Jul 10 23:24:50 BST 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 ce107 at MIT.EDU wrote:

> The latest I've seen is that there still is not solution if one
> wants to stick to using qrsh...

If you want to use _only_ qrsh, there is no solution. If you are
willing/able to use rsh/ssh+qrsh, there is a solution, which I've
mentioned before on this list and discussed at large on the LAM list -
it involves running rsh/ssh for the first step (qrsh-remote) of the
LAM integration script. This step is not critical from the point of
view of the inheritance (of qrsh), the second one (qrsh-local) is the
critical one. However, the rsh/ssh step has to replicate some
environmental variables on the remote node (equivalent of the qrsh -V
functionality).

I use it like this (rsh+qrsh) for a few months on one of our Linux
clusters and it works fine. Running jobs don't leave anything behind
when killed with qdel, resources are correctly accounted, etc.

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868