[GE users] Gaussian doesn't parallel under Linux and AIX

schummer at rhrk.uni-kl.de schummer at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Mon Jul 12 11:12:17 BST 2004

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-15" character set. ]

I have the following problem:

Gaussian doesn't run parallel in Batchjobs (SGE 5.3p6) on our Linux-Cluster
(amd64) and under AIX5.2.L. Gaussian hangs in link 0.

We have the same problem with an OpenMP-program compiled with the the
PGI-Compiler. A HPF version of this program works very well.

Is there any solution?

What's about 6.0?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards               Hans J. Schummer

* Technische Universitaet                                             *
* Kaiserslautern                    * Telefon 0631/205-2436           *
* -  R H R K  -                     * Telefax 0631/205-3056           *
* Abteilung Hochleistungsrechnen    * e-mail schummer at rhrk.uni-kl.de  *
* Postfach 3049                                                       *
* D-67653 Kaiserslautern                                              *
* Germany                                                             *