[GE users] submitting multiple jobs

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Mon Jul 12 13:06:49 BST 2004

Somewhat this suggests control of job net dependencies be
implemented within the perl script. If anyone really intends
to imlement control logic of a jobnet through the submitting
client I recommend use of 6.0 version DRMAA (C, Java, Perl).
Reason is that with DRMAA one gets all operations needed for
this with just a single event client - no matter how many jobs
are submitted within the DRMAA session.

But I believe with most cases use of

   -hold_jid <predecessor_job_name>

is the better way to control job net dependencies. Client
synchronization with the last job in job net would then be done
with one single qsub -sync job. With 5.3 job synchronization
be accomplished with qrsh.

Regards,
Andreas