Re(2): [GE users] Gaussian doesn't parallel under Linux and AIX

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Jul 12 15:03:33 BST 2004

this behavior is somewhat strange. Up to now I was used to see an error message
like

shmget failed.
shmget failed.: Invalid argument

if I tried to run under Linux i386 a Gaussian job with shared memory. After
putting a high value in /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax it was working. Now, with the
AMD64, you don't have to set this any longer? If I diable OpenMP like I wrote,
then I will see this error again. So, set the kernel parameter again, and get
the program somewhat further running up to a dying fork...for unknown reason.

Reuti