[GE users] problem with compile GE 6.0 on RedHat 7.2

Don Shesnicky dshesnicky at enqsemi.com
Mon Jul 12 20:27:15 BST 2004

I'm at about the same point as Francesco on the same platform, perhaps
I'm slightly slightly ahead :)

I've compiled the berkeleydb from sleepycat and pointed both the
aimk.site
and distinst.site files to the installation:

   # Base directory where BDB resides
   BERKELEYDBBASE=/tools/sge/Install/builds/db-installation

I've built the source with aimk -no-secure -spool-berkeleydb but when I
go to
install I get this error:

   Installing
/tools/sge/Install/builds/db-installation/lx24-x86/bin/berkeley_db_svc
   cp: cannot stat
`/tools/sge/Install/builds/db-installation/lx24-x86/bin/berkeley_db_svc'
: \
        No such file or directory

   This command failed: cp
/tools/sge/Install/builds/db-installation/lx24-x86/bin/berkeley_db_svc \
     /tools/sge/6.0/utilbin/lx24-x86/berkeley_db_svc

   Installation failed. Exiting.

I run a find through my entire top level directory and no
berkeley_db_svc
is to be found. When and where is this binary built? I'm going to start
again but thought I'd post this incase I missing something.

Don