[GE users] berkeley_db_svc and libdb-4.2.so

Don Shesnicky dshesnicky at enqsemi.com
Mon Jul 12 22:00:18 BST 2004

Two quick questions:

What is the berkeley_db_svc and is it required for a basic berkeley
spooler?

When you create the berkeley db does the installation have to be kept
around
and added to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or does the gridengine installation
link
or copy the database in and it can then be removed? I received this
error
because I may have incorrectly assumed the former?

   Setup spooling
   ./utilbin/lx24-x86/spoolinit: error while loading shared libraries:
libdb-4.2.so: \

   Command failed: ./utilbin/lx24-x86/spoolinit method

Don