[GE users] berkeley_db_svc and libdb-4.2.so

Joachim Gabler joga at sun.com
Tue Jul 13 07:59:55 BST 2004

Don Shesnicky wrote:

>Two quick questions:
>
>What is the berkeley_db_svc and is it required for a basic berkeley
>spooler?

The berkeley_db_svc is an RPC server that can be used for qmaster
spooling, esp. if you want to setup failover with sge_shadowd.

You don't need it if you decide to setup qmaster spooling on a local
filesystem.

>When you create the berkeley db does the installation have to be kept
>around
>and added to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or does the gridengine installation
>link
>or copy the database in and it can then be removed? I received this
>error
>because I may have incorrectly assumed the former?
>
>   Setup spooling
>   --------------
>   ./utilbin/lx24-x86/spoolinit: error while loading shared libraries:
>libdb-4.2.so: \
>     cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
>   Command failed: ./utilbin/lx24-x86/spoolinit method

The libdb-4.2.so should have been copied to the lib directory (in your
case lib/lx24-x86).

Did distinst output any error messages regarding the libdb.so?

   Joachim

>Don

Joachim Gabler          Tel: +49 941 3075-233 (x60233)
Sun Microsystems GmbH   Fax: +49 941 3075-222 (x60222)
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	mailto:joga at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg      http://www.sun.de