[GE users] Highspeed interconnects and SGE

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 04:40:05 BST 2004

SGE doesn't care the underlying communication network,
and in fact some clusters are using ATM.

What SGE needs to do in the tight integration case is
to have "qrsh -inherit" to start the slaves MPI tasks.

There may be some mapping that needs to be done to map
regular hostnames into infiniband hostnames/IP -- see
function PeHostfile2MachineFile() in startmpi.sh.

 -Ron

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail