[GE users] SGE-6.0: Segmentation Fault: "inst_sge -m -x -auto inst.conf"

Erik Soyez soyez at science-computing.de
Wed Jul 14 16:44:03 BST 2004

Marco,

none of these setups work:

root # chown -R root $SGE_ROOT
root # ./inst_sge -m -x -auto ./inst.conf
 -> INFINITE LOOP:

+ '[' false = false ']'
+ :
+ ./utilbin/lx24-x86/infotext -u '\nChoosing a Grid Engine admin user name'
+ ./utilbin/lx24-x86/infotext -n '\nPlease enter a valid user name >> '
++ Enter ''
++ '[' true = true ']'
++ /bin/echo -e
+ INP=
+ '[' '' '!=' '' ']'

root # chown -R erik $SGE_ROOT
root # ./inst_sge -m -x -auto ./inst.conf
 -> SEGMENTATION FAULT:

+ ./utilbin/lx24-x86/adminrun erik ./utilbin/lx24-x86/spooldefaults configuration /tmp/configuration
./inst_sge: line 328: 13003 Segmentation fault      $SGE_UTILBIN/adminrun $ADMINUSER $*

root # chown -R root $SGE_ROOT
erik # ./inst_sge -m -x -auto ./inst.conf
 -> NOTHING HAPPENS (Permission-Problems?)

root # chown -R erik $SGE_ROOT
erik # ./inst_sge -m -x -auto ./inst.conf
 -> SEGMENTAION FAULT

+ ./utilbin/lx24-x86/adminrun erik ./utilbin/lx24-x86/spooldefaults
configuration /tmp/configuration
./inst_sge: line 328: 15147 Segmentation fault      $SGE_UTILBIN/adminrun $ADMINUSER $*

No matter to whom the directory/binaries belong or who calls the
inst_sge script, I always get the segmentation fault - if I don't get
stuck in the infinite loop before....  is there a workaround?  Or might
that be because of the 6.0pre binaries?

:-|Erik.