[GE users] SGE-6.0: Segmentation Fault: "inst_sge -m -x -auto inst.conf"

Marco Donauer Marco.Donauer at Sun.COM
Thu Jul 15 10:22:02 BST 2004

Erik,

sorry,

you're right. It's spooldefaults. I had a short night.

One question: Could you have a look into you bootstrap file, please? Is
the adminuser entry empty or not?
I seems to me that the spooldefaults sge faults during bootstrap reading.
In this case we have to add a error handler, to get a "nice" error
message and exit.

Thanks for your help

Regards,
Marco

Erik Soyez wrote:
> Thanks Marco for your reply,
>
> it's not "adminrun" that seg faults, it's
>   "utilbin/lx24-x86/spooldefaults configuration /tmp/configuration".
> I sent the strace output in my first email, please have a look;
> "adminrun erik ls" works fine.
>
> Thanks, :-)Erik.
>

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Marco Donauer wrote:
>

>>Erik,
>>
>>I found a already filed bug concerning the infinite loop.
>>So the problem is not on your site.
>>This will be fixed in the next update.
>>
>>But the seg fault is new. Did you already try to start the adminrun
>>binary on commandline?
>>You can start it like that.
>>
>>adminrun erik ls
>>
>>But do not forget to source the settings.csh file before.
>>If you still get a seg fault it is possible that your pre binaries are
>>buggy.
>>
>>Is it possible for you to try the lastest binaries?
>>Could you send me a dbx output of adminrun?
>>
>>I guess, that the autoinst starts the adminrun with a argument and so
>>the seg fault happens,
>>because during the interactive inst the adminrun command is also in use,
>>which is working without
>>any problem, isn't it?
>>

>>Regards,
>>Marco
>

> --

Marco Donauer            Tel: +49 941 3075-211  (x60211)
Software Engineer        Fax: +49 941 3075-222  (x60222)
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7    mailto:marco.donauer at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg       http://www.sun.com/gridware