[GE users] SGE-6.0: Segmentation Fault: "inst_sge -m -x -auto inst.conf"

Marco Donauer Marco.Donauer at Sun.COM
Thu Jul 15 10:55:26 BST 2004

Erik,

thanks, it looks very good.
But the entry ignore_fqdn is empty. There must be true/false
Within the autoinst configfile there is also an entry for ignore_fqdn.
In the pre release it's something like ignor_fqdn. In the later versions
we have renamed it to
"hostname_resolving", because it was confusing for the user.
This parameter also has to be set. This is a possible reason for the seg
fault.
Could you try this please?

Regards,

Marco

Erik Soyez wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> the bootstrap file looks like this:

> # Version: pre6.0
> #
> admin_user             erik
> default_domain          none
> ignore_fqdn
> spooling_method         classic
> spooling_lib            libspoolc
> spooling_params         /usr/local/gridengine/default/common;/usr/local/gridengine/default/spool/qmaster
> binary_path             /usr/local/gridengine/bin
> qmaster_spool_dir       /usr/local/gridengine/default/spool/qmaster
> security_mode           none
>
> Good or bad?  Thanks, :-)Erik.
>

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Marco Donauer wrote:
>

>>Erik,
>>
>>sorry,
>>
>>you're right. It's spooldefaults. I had a short night.
>>
>>One question: Could you have a look into you bootstrap file, please? Is
>>the adminuser entry empty or not?
>>I seems to me that the spooldefaults sge faults during bootstrap reading.
>>In this case we have to add a error handler, to get a "nice" error
>>message and exit.
>>
>>Thanks for your help
>>
>>Regards,
>>Marco
>

> --

Marco Donauer            Tel: +49 941 3075-211  (x60211)
Software Engineer        Fax: +49 941 3075-222  (x60222)
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7    mailto:marco.donauer at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg       http://www.sun.com/gridware