[GE users] queue priorities?

Don Shesnicky dshesnicky at enqsemi.com
Thu Jul 15 16:04:54 BST 2004

Chris/Stephan,
Thank you very much for your replies, I've printed them out and after
peeking, poking and doing some more reading I'm going to give some ideas
a try. Right now I'm trying to setup a subordinate queue where the
submissions
to the high priority queue will suspend the normal priority.

The need in this case is for one group within our company where we are
involved in chip design. The normal priority queue will be for run of
the
mill digital verification jobs but there can be a need to run a high
priority
job that is a rush and certain users will be given the right to enter
jobs in
this queue. In addition we would like a low priority queue where certain
back
ground tasks can slowly work their way through the system and may in
fact have
hosts in the queue that the others do not. In any case we would in some
way
like at least some of the low and normal priority queues to work their
way
through the system - some small leakage if you will.

Don