[GE users] queue priorities?

Stephan Grell stephan.grell at sun.com
Fri Jul 16 16:00:59 BST 2004

Don Shesnicky wrote:

>Sorry Charu I'm new to the game, I thought that you chose what type
>of policies your 6.0 (or 5.3) system was based upon. One of them
>was Shared-Tree and I think the other was Functional. In the docs from
>Sun there is a section on Policies and it has titles such as Configuring
>Ticket-Based Policies, Configuring the Share-Based Policy so I assumed
>that you turned on one of the other for each queue or installation.

No, you can change the policies during runtime. You can have multiple
policies turned on at
the same time, but there are some settings, which might not make sence
to have them at the
same time, such as the Functional and the Share tree. You can use the
weighting parameters
to weight the different policies among each other.

Stephan