[GE users] queue priorities?

Don Shesnicky dshesnicky at enqsemi.com
Fri Jul 16 18:07:04 BST 2004

> No, you can change the policies during runtime. You can have multiple
policies
> turned on at the same time, but there are some settings, which might
not make
> sence to have them at the same time, such as the Functional and the
Share tree.
> You can use the weighting parameters to weight the different policies
among each other.

Stephan,
Thanks for the reply again. So there are two policies Functional and
Share Tree.
I take it that Urgency and Override are two others but they aren't the
same notion
of an overall policy that Functional and Share are ie. a basic
scheduling method.

I've installed the source and created a few queues, I've used
subordinate queues
to shutdown lower priority ones when jobs come in on the higher priority
queues.
Is there a name for the basic policy that is where you are working when
you first
install ie. Basic Policy or is it already one of Functional or Share
Tree?
Pardon my ignorance but I you have policies such as Functional and Share
that
can be turned on then you would think there is a policy when you first
startup
up the system and create a queue or two. I guess another way to ask it
is, is
there a default policy that you are building on when you first install.

Don

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net