[GE users] those little locks and changing values

Don Shesnicky dshesnicky at enqsemi.com
Fri Jul 16 21:30:21 BST 2004

What are those little locks everywhere? I thought they might be just a
way of locking things
down so they couldn't accidently get changed. I edited the number of
slots open on a group
of hosts via qmon and the queue conf window. I had to fiddle with the
locks at that time.

Then I tried setting a load threshold so that that same group wouldn't
accept jobs when
the load was above 1.2. It kept reverting to 1.75 as the top level @\
had set. Then all
of a sudden the hosts on it started accepting two jobs. Now I realize
that these locks are
doing something that I don't quite follow.

Things don't seem very intuitive here, should I just switch to the
command line versions
of the tools?

Don