[GE users] those little locks and changing values

Mon Jul 19 08:52:42 BST 2004

When you edit a queue in qmon you are working on the cluster queue
definition. This means, that all queue instances derived from the cluster
queue will have the same settings.  To be a bit more flexible, you can
override some values for spedific cluster queues. To do that, you have
to unlock the setting and change it for the given queue instance.

Therefore:
- a closed lock means that that value is valid for the whole cluster queue
- an open lock means, that this value is overriden for some queue instances.

Does this help?

Stephan